Client: John Guest Limited
John Guest Ltd planned to open a new office in Chippenham and contacted Cre8tive Interiors to carry out an office fit out service. They needed the space designed, costed and carried out. The potential office was in good condition; it had new carpets, air conditioning and lighting and therefore was a blank canvas for Cre8tive.
The first task was to survey the existing space and understand the requirements for the new office. There was a short list and the shape of the room meant there were some logical positions for things. We also knew the building very well as we have previously fitted a kitchen for Volutio many years ago. We then stripped it out and fitted out some partitions and offices for Deltenna limited. We then stripped this out for them when they left and carried out the dilapidation work for them also in this same office space. There were some problems in locating the supplies but because we knew the building well we completed this easily.
We also knew there were issues with the hot and cold water tanks in the roof so we advised John Guest. An office fit out can include many things. The scope of work for this project included:
- Complete office fit out.
- CDM work: we were designated Principle Contractor for the work, so carried out Risk Assessments and Method statements for the work.
- Drawing and layout work detailing the specifications.
- New kitchen
- New office partitioning
- Construction of Server room with air conditioning
- Construction of two offices and a meeting room.
- Moving of electrical power boxes, additional electrics and data cabling.
- Completion in 3 weeks.
Existing Office Space
We did not have any pictures of the area before we actually started, the ones above are on the first day on the start of work. As you can see there are some cables and pipes for the air conditioning.
Office fit out Construction Photographs.
Although we have been fitting offices for the last 20 years or so, we get so much enjoyment in seeing the transformation from a blank space through to the final completion. The progression is always interesting, seeing the pile of bits laying neatly on the floor, stacked in order for the demountable partitions to seeing the forming the walls to the end result.
Seeing everyone busy and working together and keeping the space tidy, and having a bit of fun on site as well all makes the time go really quickly.
We used demountable partitioning on this project. By using demountable office partitioning we created some additional office space for the customer and it also gives the flexibility to the customer to alter the walls with very little cost in the future. There are some other advantages listed below;
Summary on Demountable Partitioning?
- Using Demountable Partitioning is very tax efficient as they are seen as movable items and so can be treated differently in writing down allowances in the accounts. Please click the link for more information on demountable partitioning.
- We can also lease Demountable Partitioning as they are movable, this spreads the costs of having the work done as Demountable Partitions always cost more than customers think.
- Leasing of demountable partitioning is very tax efficient and Cre8tive can provide illustrations, please contact us for further information.
- Most landlords insist on Demountable Partitions being used for offices as it is much easier to take them out should the tenant renting the space leave for any reason. The benefit is that is saves making a huge amount of mess and destruction that would be need with a conventional stud and plasterboard constructed wall.
Questions on additional offices?
If you are not sure about anything as well as taking about all kinds of partitioning including Demountable we love to talk about projects and sort out problems and issues with space, please give us a call on 01380 738844